Greenhouse Gas Reduction
- Facilitate and promote Train travel for clients
- Train travel for all staff to resort
- Reduce in-resort vehicle use
- Electric company vehicles
- Carbon offset client travel
- Meat reduction: Serve less and better meat
- Dairy reduction
- Prioritise sourcing food Sustainably: Local, Seasonal, ethically produced
- Do not use chalets that heat via solid fuel.
- Use Green Energy Supplier
- Reduce energy use
- Use Green Server for company web hosting
Plastic and Waste Reduction
- Zero tolerance of plastic bottles
- Eliminate all single use plastic
- Recycle everything that is recyclable
- Recycle all cooking oil
- Purchase less packaging
- Reduce food waste
- Compost food waste
- Measure and monitor your waste production.
- Measure and monitor your recycling
- Use purchasing power to reduce packaging at source.
- Reduce packaging through buying in bulk
Sustainability & Education
- Staff environmental training
- Staff environmental champion
- Display environmental “One Tree” green pledge on your website
- Monitor water use
- Develop a strategy to reduce water use
- Implement water saving measures (flow restrictors, reduced WC flush volumes etc)
- Maintain water systems. Fix all leaks
- Preserve water quality
- Ban harmful chemicals from all drains
- Monitor energy use
- Develop a strategy to reduce energy use
- Instal smart meters in all chalets and provide in-chalet displays.
- Implement a heating strategy that reflects use and does not overheat the chalet.
- 100% LED lighting
- Communal areas controlled by motion sensors
- All appliances A++ energy rated.
- Supply drying racks – Discourage Dryer usage